Saturday, February 4, 2012

Katie Stogner - Week One

Wow. I can honestly say that I cannot believe I am doing this! (or that I let my before pictures be used on this website!!) My name is Katie Stogner. I am a 35 year old first time mom to a handsome 7 week old baby boy named Thaxton Jayce. I am writing here today because that sweet baby boy really did a number on my body while I was pregnant with him. I tried to stay active but I definitely splurged when it came to eating. I looked at myself in the mirror last week and I realized I was so unhappy with what I saw. My husband, Jay, suggested that I call Coach Lewis. About 10 or 11 years ago, Coach Lewis changed my life and my body. I dropped 60 pounds by following his plan. I knew if I was going to go back to work after maternity leave without having to buy a new (larger) wardrobe, I better get in touch with him quickly! This is my journey as I once again change my life and my body. Thank you so much for following along.

Monday January 30th

I was so excited but also very nervous to get started. It has been 9 months since I have had a real workout. I am looking forward to it but I knew it is going to be tough and it was. I used muscles that haven't been used in a long time. But man, did I feel so awesome after we were done. I remember now why I love working out so much. When I am done with a really tough workout, there is such an adrenaline rush. I am so proud of myself for taking this first step and for making it through the first workout with Coach Lewis.

Tuesday January 31st

Today, I am on my own to do cardio and abs. I did the spin bike for 40 minutes. Using a spin bike is much different than a regular stationary bike. It is definitely harder and my legs felt like lead when I was done. It was tough to get through 40 minutes but I made it. The ab work out is extremely hard as I have had an occupant in those abs for 9 months. Somehow, I pushed through and I felt so good afterwards.

Wednesday February 1st

I knew today was going to be SO difficult. My sweet little munchkin was up for most of the night and I got about 3 hours of sleep total. It was all I could do to get myself together and make it to the gym on time. I knew Coach Lewis would not cut me any slack because he is tough like that! :) I made it through and I actually felt great afterwards. I had the most energy for the rest of the day. The tough part came when I went to my mother-in-law's to pick up the baby. They had ordered pizza and had cake and a lemon pie. Oh my goodness was my mouth watering. All I could think about was that Steve was putting my before picture on the internet and we were going to be in the newspaper on Sunday. So I had my protein bar and did not think twice about it. It is so going to be worth it at the end of this challenge!

Thursday February 2nd

Today was cardio day so I went to the gym and did the elliptical machine. I did 40 minutes as hard as I could possibly go. I put my headphones on extremely loud and powered through. Cardio goes so much smoother for me when I am listening to the music I love very loud!

Friday February 3rd

The last workout of the week and Coach Lewis decides to try and kill me! This work out is called Tabata and it was brutal! 8 sets of each exercise for 20 seconds with a 10 second break in between. Wow talk about burn! That was tough but again I made it through.

Saturday February 4th

Last cardio workout of the week. I did the elliptical again. I need to make sure I get some running in next week. I don't want to do the same cardio over and over. 40 minutes as hard as iI can go and I am DONE! (for the week)

I am so proud of myself for making it through this week. I was so worried that I would not make it but I did and that is a huge accomplishment for me. Next hurdle? Monday's weigh in. I HATE the scales! There has to be some change though, right?

To follow Jeff and Katie's progress including workout videos visit www.stevelewisplan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment